What do athletes, world class universities, medical facilities, digital health and innovation forerunners have in common? They are all drivers of technology growing the U.S. economy by billions of dollars — and setting our future course in the process.
Olympic gymnastics gold medalist Shannon Miller, Super Bowl Champion running back Derrick Coleman of the Seattle Seahawks, digital health expert Paul Sonnier, spinal injury rehab pioneer Dr. Susan Harkema, “Talk Nerdy” podcast host and neuroscientist Cara Santa Maria and social media and fitness inspiration Natalie Jill are among the people, programs and products featured in 2014 summer issue of Innovation & Tech Today.
Innovation & Tech Today is available at every Barnes & Noble and magazine newsstands nationwide. It is also available digitally through Zinio, Apple’s iTunes and Issuu.
“Our sports and medical technology issue really captures what is happening in health business today, how people, innovative ideas and products are coming together to change the face of our culture,” Publisher Charles Warner says. “Through our stories and featured subjects, you’ll see that it is happening at all age levels, and involves great transformation, from medical breakthroughs to the way we gain knowledge and take care of our own health. Wearables, equipment that coaches you and digital health is the wave of the future and we highlight those brands changing the world.”
Topics in the Summer 2014 issue include:
* Exclusive interview with Super Bowl-winning running back Derrick Coleman of the Seattle Seahawks, who is clinically deaf – and how, through his partnership with Starkey Laboratories he can play with state-of-the-art hearing aids while inspiring millions through his No Excuses Foundation.
* Exclusive interview with two-time Olympic gold medalist Shannon Miller, her work in women’s health and wellness, and her partnership with Polar Loop.
* Special contributions from innovation expert and Consumer Electronics Association CEO Gary Shapiro, and Forbes Top 50 social media influencer Chris Voss.
* Breakthrough medical work of Drs. Stephan Mayer of Mt. Sinai (advanced brain medicine) and Dr. Susan Harkema of the University of Louisville (helping paralyzed people walk again).
* Two drivers in digital media, Cara Santa Maria (Talk Nerdy) and founder of the nearly 30,000-member Digital Health group on LinkedIn, Paul Sonnier
* Point-to-point coverage of the 2014 USA Science & Engineering Festival, which drew 350,000 people to Washington D.C. to celebrate science and STEM.
* Top 20 medical apps for iPhone and Android.
* The latest in connected car technology, from national expert Michael Coates.
* Sports equipment showcase: technology that coaches you.
* How running shoe technology is keeping up with the latest boom featuring Hoka One One.
* The hands-free video capture explosion.
* The latest on the present and future of Bitcoin
“Taken together, this is probably the most diverse issue of material we’ve put out yet,” Warner says. “It not only goes to show that wearables, sports and medical technology are the hottest must-haves in the market, but also that they touch the lives of every single athlete, business person and consumer — in many different ways.”
Innovation & Tech Today is published by Innovative Properties Worldwide, Inc., headquartered in Denver with offices in San Diego and Clearwater, FL. Future issue themes include Entertainment, Home Automation and Sustainability in Fall 2014; the Business Leaders & Innovators showcase in Winter 2014; and Connected Cars, Energy, and Green Technology in Spring 2015.
Innovation & Tech Today is available on digital formats through Zinio, iTunes and Issuu and through print and digital subscriptions, and on newsstands nationally — including all Barnes & Noble locations in the US and Canada. Advertising and subscription specials are offered in celebration of this summer issue and new subscribers are eligible to win wearables provided by Martian Watches.
For more information, contact Charles Warner or Kelsey Elgie at (720) 708-4250 or visit http://www.innotechtoday.com.
– Courtesy of PRWeb