As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Stephanie Sarkis PhD NCC LMHC. I am a psychotherapist and author.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My parents inspired me to eat healthy and stay fit.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My parents were both athletic, and when I was growing up, we were always outside doing things – riding bikes, walking, you name it. My parents also showed me that food can be healthy and delicious.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I’ve realized that exercise is second-nature to me – it’s a fundamental part of my being. It’s been a regular activity of mine for my entire life. I have my parents to thank for that. I also cook a lot of the meals that we had growing up – and I find eating healthy gives me more energy.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I emphasize the importance of healthy eating and the importance of regular exercise to my patients and clients – both children and adults. It’s never too late to start living a healthy lifestyle.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
First, get enough sleep – it is the way the body heals itself. Next, eat nutritiously. Regular exercise is also a must. See your doctor for more information and to make sure that you are eating and exercising properly.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?