As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Marc Lerner, President of Life Skills Institute, 60 years old
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
Ben Lerner, my father
3. What did they do to inspire you?
I would play catch with him in the back yard and then he would hit balls. I would have to run and catch them. Basically, he inspired me by playing sports with me. My enthusiasm for playing with him gave me the motivation to be active.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I found pleasure in pleasing my dad. That definitely improved the sports we played, but more importantly, that spirit became a definite part of my life. I was the one who benefitted when I tried to please my dad.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Presently, the kids that I play with are in my extended family. I do writing that applies to all ages.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
In the same way I felt happy and empowered to play catch with my dad, I try to instill that message in kids today. I help them to connect to inner resources, so they are free to play and to manifest.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?