As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Conroe Brooks, Co-Founder/Producer Flash Mob America, 36. I’m an actor and produce flash mobs across the country.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My parents inspired me to eat healthy and stay fit.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My mom was always running marathons. She would also go jogging pretty much everyday. Sometimes I’d go with her. My dad coached sports for Junior High, so encouraged and help me to get into sports as a kid. They both encouraged healthy eating. We cooked together as a family as well. We didn’t eat out much, which I now realize was great since it’s much better to cook your own food in order to really know how healthy you are eating. They inspired me to learn to cook.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
They instilled in me the need to stay fit and healthy. I really enjoy cooking because of them as well, and I am always trying to cook healthy meals. I feel guilty anytime I eat something I know is bad for me.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I don’t have kids myself, but I will definitely convey that to them when I do. It is a message
that I convey to any kids I’m around though.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
To eat healthy meals, get involved in sports, and stay active. I would really discourage fast food – it’s just so bad for you.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote?