By Michelle Hastie
- Lyrics from The Cranberries song, “Zombie”
When I lost all my weight laying on the couch it was the first time I dropped in my body in probably 2 years. Imagine living in your head for 2 complete years and then wondering why you aren’t getting the results you desire.
Whenever I get off track it’s because I have moved into my head and decided to hang out there for a while… most recently, 8 months a while. Let me tell you, this does not work! The minute I shifted back into my body I completely forgot about all my worries, constant obsessions, picking my body apart and stress. Suddenly everything was crystal clear and I was back to leaping out of bed excited to start my day.
So it’s time to get you back in your bodies… ready to learn how?
1. Make a Decision: The first step is to make a committed decision that you will get back in your body and back into flow. When you are in your head you are literally taking yourself out of the flow of the universe. You are saying, “It’s OK universe I just want to handle everything myself I don’t need your help. I don’t want it as easy as the trees, flowers and streams. I would rather struggle and strive.” I wouldn’t do that…
2. Get Grounded: Start practicing getting grounded every single day. Put your feet on the ground and imagine they have roots coming out of them and securing you to the floor. Feel the energy surge from the earth up into your body. Feel your weight move towards your lower half and feel the energy in your body in doing that. I also found a great grounding meditation from the free podcast Meditation Oasis.
3. Utilize Mother Earth Energy: Ask yourself what it would be like to just be taken care of by mother earth. What if the universe was your mother that took care of you when you are sick, sad or frustrated? What if whenever you needed something you could simply turn to mother earth and ask and then she worked with the universe to deliver your every need? This is how it works, we are no different than nature so start utilizing this incredible energy source like your plants do.
4. Get Selfish: Take time off from “doing” and moving and just connect to what’s going on in your body. How are you feeling? Do you need a week long time out (I just did one and it was life altering)? I had my assistant clear my calendar, move all my appointments, and I just said “I need a break, universe… you handle the rest.” I had to get selfish to be able to serve at the highest level. Remember, if you don’t have you… nobody has you.
5. Make Massive Changes: After you are back in your body you will notice some different things. You will have different experiences and realizations. Don’t let these be something you forget once you get back in the swing of things. Make massive changes towards living a life where you are always in your body. When you live in your body instead of your head you will always be in the flow. Meaning money will flow to you, health will flow to you, and relationships flow to you… literally everything! Trust me; it’s the only place you want to be.
- Guest author Michelle Hastie is the President/Founder of Total Body Health Solutions