1. Your message to kids today that you wish you knew back then what you currently know now.
I used to believe that good health involved running hills and lifting weights and pushing my body to its limits. Now I realize that few children will do that and I was an exercise snob. What I learned was the curative health power of walking and remaining active throughout the day. Health through activity.
2. How did you learn your lesson or what was your lesson? Did you get hurt, did you upset someone, did you get scared?
I was seriously injured in an accident that left me in a wheel chair for 6 months and unable to walk for 2 years.
3. What you would have done differently back then if you could turn back time.
I would have like to have seen health messages praising the benefits of movement vs the constant barrage of “no pain no gain”.
4. Do you convey this message to children in your life today?
I do that by walking all day with a TrekDesk Treadmill Desk while I work. Actions speak louder than words.
- Steve Bordley, CEO TrekDesk Treadmill