Many health and wellness web sites are always looking for ways to improve their Alexa ranking, Google ranking, social media skills, and SEO. The Tech Tools section of this web site will have basic tips from experts and non-experts alike who will share their successes with the audience of this blog. Hopefully, they will help anyone who has their own web site improve the sites popularity.
If you have a tip, use the contact link above to send it along.
1. Figure out a way to pre-approve content and social media activities, to ensure enough freedom to do the right thing and still remain in compliance with regulatory requirements for health care.
2. Backlinks are huge for increasing your Google PageRank and helping your site show up in searches. Only accept links from sites that are in relevant industries to guard against Google Penguin penalties.
3. When earning backlinks, vary up the “anchor text”, i.e. the words you use in the hyperlink back to your page. Include keyword permutations and similar meanings, and don’t make the mistake of keyword stuffing your anchor texts.
4. On-page optimization of your content helps search engines decide what topics are relevant to the page. Think carefully about what words you use on the page and in the meta tags.
5. On-page optimization is tablestakes in SEO now. If you don’t understand what it entails, take time to learn. It is not very complicated, so you can learn the basics in less than an hour of research / reading.
- Tommy Landry, President of Return On Now