1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Andrew Bloom, 44 years old. I used to be a Regional Sales Manager for a Medical Device Manufacturer.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
I used to subscribe and read Joe Weider’s Muscle and Fitness Magazines. A close family friend believed in his philosophies and turned me on to his reccomendations. These two advisors, along with my parents, played a very important role in my thinking about fitness and eating.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
They looked and felt great. Looking back we never had a cold, or felt sick, and I think it was based on the activities I participated in, the foods and suppliments I took and my desire to be healthy.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
Unfortunatly, as time went on I was diagnosed with a malformation in my brain. I believe as do the doctors I was able to make a remarkable recovery based on the shape my body was in at the time. I am a living example of how that thinking, positive, healthy and fit, can save your life.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I now have a wife and two healthy children. I feel strongly and tell them constantly the importance of being active and eating healthy.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
I believe, eating right, being phisically active and not spending all ones free time watching television or playing video games will help you in the long run. Over time and as the body gets older things you do or did as a child will be a factor.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?
I have written my True Story and had it published; if you would like to learn more about me. A Bleeding Brain, by Andrew Bloom. Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.