1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Carla Lundblade, M.S., L.P.C., N.C.C., Licensed Clinical Therapist & Elite Skills Analyst Specializing in Sports & Entertainment Industry Professionals, Age: 47
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
Richard Simmons. the first to shimmy onto the stage as some one unique and generally caring about those with weight issues. a real role models for those who need help and one of the first educators of the public to talk about health, diet exercise and enjoying life.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
Richard was unique flamboyant, happily infectious. he also got to the bottom of peoples real physical and emotion pain to help free them from the destructive things they were doing to themselves in their lives. his message spread as his caring for others was so important. every human being could relate to him on some level and that is a gift. he was also not the “typical face of Hollywood” beauty and his uniqueness was celebrated.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
Having obesity on both sides of my family with a grandma that was 675 lb when she died at 53, I saw where emotional pain from a bad family life and low self esteem crippled members of my family and contributed to their early deaths. These are senseless and completely preventable tragedies. Negative can be made strong positives but those affected need help with the fight to turn things around.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Absolutely, to my own children and the wonderful young athletes and celebs that I work with everyday. Body image and health is a huge issues in todays fast paced, perfection driven media age and it is really important to maintain a healthy balance over a life long career.
I also work with on a media level with A-list celebs including Kelly Osbourne who is not and has never been my patient but who is continuing the tradition of helping everyday people with health….etc
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
You are already perfect just the way you are.
This is your journey and no one elses.
Celebrate your uniqueness
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?