As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Dr. Marlene Caroselli, age 68, retired corporate trainer/author
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My father was a walker–probably because, as an assembly-line worker with two other jobs (part-time), he could afford neither the time nor money for gym memberships.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
He inspired me to enjoy the benefits of being outdoors and observing nature, while simultaneously, doing something good for my health.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
To this day, I exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Alas, I have no kids in my life.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Think of what you most enjoy doing. Now imagine that your health is so bad you could not do that thing. To prolong the enjoyment you now have, continue to “get physical,” eat right, and enjoy the world around you.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?