1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Janet Bond Brill, PhD, RD Nutritionist and bestselling author
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My mother has always been an inspiration to me in all facets of life.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
She took care of herself by exercising and eating well.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
My mother is turning 90 years old next week and is in extraordinarily good health both mentally and physically. I learned by her example that aging is nothing to fear if you take the time to practice preventive medicine.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I have three children and I hope that they have all learned by my example just as I have learned from my mother.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
My message is to the parents! Children learn best by observing the behavior of adults and copying it. I urge all parents to set a powerful example for their kids and be a health and wellness role model. If you don’t practice it, it’s futile to preach it!
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?