1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Katie Niemeyer, CRNA and Founder of Handana
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My mother and father made me feel I could accomplish anything growing up.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
They both came to every dance recital I had growing up and their were many! They made me feel I was extraordinary on stage.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I have always felt if I worked hard enough, I could accomplish any goal.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I try! I started doing triathlons after my second child was born. I wanted my daughter and son to see by example that being active was just apart of our every day routine and racing was not just for the elite athletes.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Don’t be overwhelmed by the big goal. Start with the first step and let that lead to the next. I couldn’t even swim across the pool when I started training for my first triathlon nor did I own my own bike. I would borrow the neighbor’s Huffy and ride in circles in my cul-ve-sac at first. Really, I did!
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?