1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Meg Hagar, Holistic Aesthetician, 23. I am the owner of a nutritional skin care company, Skintritious. I combine nutritional counseling with all natural skin care products and services to give clients an all around, more effective skin treatment.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My mom, Leslie.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
She was up every morning at the crack of dawn to do her exercises. She did this before beginning a long day of taking care of a family of 5, including 3 children. She cooked our meals, packed our lunches, cleaned our beautiful house, coordinated driving all 3 of us in all different directions (to dance, soccer practice, gymnastics, etc), and still managed to make time to take care of herself. And she always cooked us healthy, wholesome meals for dinner and lunches.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
Following her influence, when I got older I would work out with her in the afternoons, or with my sister. We were always an active family; going on hikes, camping, going for walks, etc. I couldn’t imagine my life if it were any different. I believe it was that early lesson of “doing something” that contributed to my energy and ambition that has lead me to build my business, and a life I’m proud of.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I don’t have any kids in my life, we are all grown up including the younger cousins. But I do convey this to other people I meet that seem like they could use the influence (gently, of course!).
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
That it’s more than just “working out” or “eating well”. It’s a chain reaction. When you eat well you feel better, you are happier with your life, you live longer, you get more out of life. Same when you work out, or do other things in a healthy lifestyle. It can save your life.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?