1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Ronald Russell, Owner/Chef SunCafe Organic, age 56
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
3. What did they do to inspire you?
At age 5, I remember watching his TV show with my mother. We would do jumping Jacks, stretches, push ups, and more. He was always so vibrant and full of energy. I always admired him. He instilled the message that your body is a temple and treat it right.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
My whole life, I’ve been health conscious. It started with Jack! Then later, he did all those feats in his later life to show how fit someone can be. His talks and books about nutrition led me to study more and ultimately that led to me opening my raw food, organic, vegan restaurant. My goal was to create food better than mainstream cooked food. Customers have compared us to 3 Michelin star restaurants in Paris, Spagos, and other famous restaurants. Carnivores who got dragged to SunCafe, usually by girlfriends, end up loving it and become regular customers. I’ve seen health miracles through my customers changing their diet. Overcoming cancer, diabetes, obesity, chronic headaches and much more.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
By example. Of course, children come to SunCafe Organic and love the food. They learn to enjoy greens, the building block of a healthy diet.
Your body is your temple. Treat it with respect. Stay away from all soft drinks and energy drinks, all of them harm your body. Fried foods and animal products should be avoided as much as possible. Learn to enjoy greens and make them the heart of your meal.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?